MOST INSPIRING SA LAW FIRM 2023
Welcome to the “MOST INSPIRING SA LAW FIRM 2023”™ competition!
Load shedding started in 2003 and was declared a national state of disaster in February 2023. The Eskom Relief Bill and Minister of Electricity were introduced in March 2023. Until October 2023, South Africa experienced more than 5900 hours load shedding during more than 240 days of 2023. Load shedding impacted the rights of all South Africans and posed unprecedented challenges to households, businesses and our economy.
However, when faced together with adversity, South Africans have proven to be resilient and creative in problem solving. We invite South African law firms to share how load shedding impacted legal services, how they coped with challenges and lessons learned. We are curious to document, share and celebrate lawyer stories of operational adaptability, caring for people’s wellbeing and protecting clients’ interests.
The purpose of this competition is to offer a platform to inspire each other and boost the image of the legal profession to the South African public. Let’s also encourage younger colleagues to take the torch forward!
How to enter? Complete and submit the Entry Form below. Entry is free.
Prizes for winner:
- R3000 EFT payment to law firm
- Use of the title “Most Inspiring SA Law Firm 2023”™
- Marketing on LWS social media pages (over 30 000 followers) and this website as winner
- Professional recognition
Who can enter?
- Any law firm in private practice (sole proprietor, partnership, Inc, law clinic or consultancy)
- Owned and operated by at least one South African lawyer holding a LLB, BProc or BIuris degree
- Offering legal services in South Africa for at least the past 12 months.
Competition rules: By entering the competition, you agree that:
- You represent an operational South African law firm in private practice (attorney / advocate / legal consultant) and your entry details are true and correct.
- Only one entry per law firm.
- You agree that we may post the name and image of your law firm and contact person and your answers on social media and our LWS website. You consent to the necessary copyright licences in this regard.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Winner will be notified and receive prizes by Friday, 15 December 2023.
- The contact person’s personal details shared above will be used for purposes of marketing and communication with LWS.
- The closing date is Monday, 8 December 2023.
Sponsor: LawyerFirst – Coaching for lawyers